[Above: (left) Ms Lim Soo Hoon and (right) Ms Chan Lai Fung]
SINGAPORE - The Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (Acra) board will get a new chairman next month.
Ms Lim Soo Hoon, the incoming Permanent Secretary (Finance) (Performance), will take over the board's leadership from Ms Chan Lai Fung with effect from April 1, 2012.
Ms Lim will relinquish her current appointment as Permanent Secretary (Public Service Division) for the new position.
Ms Chan, who has been the Acra board's chairman since Sept 1, 2010, will be re-appointed as Permanent Secretary (Education Policy) on the same date.
Six new board members have also been appointed and four re-appointed, the Ministry of Finance announced today.
The new board members are:
• Mr Alan Rupert Nisbet, Company Director
• Professor Ho Yew Kee, Vice-Dean of Finance and Administration, NUS Business School
• Mr Lee Kim Shin, Partner of Allen & Gledhill LLP
• Mr Sajjad Akhtar, Managing Partner / Head of Financial Advisory Services of PKF-CAP LLP
• Mr Yeoh Oon Jin, Partner and Head of Assurance of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
• Mr Ong Wee Kiat Philip, Director (Environmental Policy) of Ministry of Environment and Water Resources
The four re-appointed board members are:
• Mr Lawrence Kwan, Chairman of Singapore Association of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (SAICSA)
• Mr Ong Yew Huat, Executive Chairman of Ernst and Young LLP
• Mr Thean Lip Ping, Senior Consultant with RHT Law LLP
• Mr Yap Chee Keong, Company Director
Six members will be retiring from the board: Mr Dilhan Pillay Sandrasegara, Mr Gerard Ee, Mr Kon Yin Tong, Mr Lam Yi Young, Mr Sitoh Yih Pin and Professor Pang Yang Hoong.