A number of roads will be closed to facilitate the 2011 Fire Walking Ceremony held from 16 to 17 Oct this year,
The ceremony will involve a foot procession that will start a Sri Perumal Temple along Serangoong Road and end at Sri Mariamman Temple along South Bridge Road.
Parking restrictions along peripheral roads will be strictly enforced. Vehicles found parking or causing obstruction will be towed away.
Auxiliary police officers will be deployed at all affected road junctions to assist motorists and regulate traffic.
The closures are as follows:
Between 4.00 pm on Sunday, 16 October 2011 and 7.00 am on Monday, 17 October 2011
1. Extreme right lane of Bras Basah Road (between Prinsep Street and North Bridge Road)
2. Extreme right lane of North Bridge Road (between Bras Basah Road and South Bridge Road)
3. Extreme right lane of South Bridge Road (between North Bridge Road and Temple Street)
4. Extreme right lane of the carriageway of Prinsep Street in the direction of Selegie Road (between Bras Basah Road and Selegie Road)
5. Extreme right lane of the carriageway of Selegie Road in the direction of Serangoon Road (between Prinsep Street and Bukit Timah Road)
6. Extreme right lane of Serangoon Road (between Bukit Timah Road and Sri Perumal Temple)
Between 2.00 pm on Sunday, 16 October 2011 and 7.00 am on Monday, 17 October 2011
7. Mohammad Ali Lane
8. Temple Street