Real estate agent raped by 'client'

A real estate agent in Malaysia was stripped naked and tied up by her so-called "prospective clients".

This took place barely 24 hours after another real estate agent, Mrs Chen Choi Mooi, was found murdered in Batu Dam, Gombak, near Kuala Lumpur.

The latest victim, aged 34, was rescued by police last Friday morning.

Auxiliary policemen were tipped off that the agent was being held captive at a condo in Mont Kiara, reported the New Straits Times.

The drama unfolded last Thursday when a woman contacted the property agent after getting her number from the real estate agency's website.

The woman said she was interested in viewing the Mont Kiara condo unit.

The victim then agreed to meet this woman on Thursday evening.

When the victim met the client, she was surprised that the latter was with a man, whom she introduced as her husband.

The victim then took the couple to the condo unit.

Upon entering the premises, the man pulled the agent into a room while his female accomplice waited in the living room.

He then allegedly pulled off the victim's clothing, tied her up and raped her.

The couple then escaped with the victim's Toyota Vios, her mobile phone, laptop and RM200 (S$80). The victim also suffered bruises on her face and ears.

She was later sent to the University Malaya Medical Centre for an examination.

When contacted, City CID chief Senior Assistant Commissioner Ku Chin Wah confirmed the case and said it had been classified as voluntarily causing hurt in committing robbery, under Section 394 of the Penal Code.

Police are not ruling out the possibility that this case and Mrs Chen's murder may have been the work of the same suspects.

Potential tenant

Mrs Chen, 39, went missing after she left home to meet a prospective tenant at 1pm on Tuesday.

Her husband, Mr Liew Yang Sei, lodged a missing persons report at 8pm when she failed to return home.

Police found her Proton Iswara in Batu 5 on Wednesday night and asked Mr Liew to identify a body at the Kuala Lumpur Hospital mortuary.

There was blood in the car boot.

Autopsy results revealed that Mrs Chen had died of strangulation, and there were bruises on both her wrists, which suggested that she had been tied up.

The couple have two children, a 12-year-old boy and a 10-year-old girl.

Mrs Chen was cremated yesterday.

When approached by reporters at the crematorium at Jalan Kuari, Mr Liew said he and his children were too overcome with grief to speak and asked to be left alone, reported NST.

"Please, it is a very difficult and trying time for us. Please allow us to grieve in private and pay our final respects," said Mr Liew.

This article was first published in The New Paper.

Become a fan on Facebook