WALKERS Snack Foods has announced a recall of some date codes of Walkers crisps because the products could contain pieces of yellow rubber.
As a precautionary measure, the Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority (AVA) has directed the importers and retailers to recall all the products which may have been affected from the market immediately.
It advises consumers who've bought the implicated products not to consume them but to discard them.
Products possibly affected are Walkers Crisps and Walkers Max of different flavours and packagings with best before dates of Mar 15 2008 and Mar 22 2008 as described below:
- Walkers Max 50g packs - Cheese & Onion, Paprika
- Walkers Crisps standards 34.5g single packs - Ready Salted, Cheese & Onion, Salt & Vinegar, Smoky Bacon, Worcester Sauce, Steak & Onion, Marmite
- Walkers Crisps 50g 'Big Bag' single packs - Ready Salted, Cheese & Onion, Steak & Onion
- Walkers Crisps 175g pack - Ready Salted
- Walkers Crisps Barbeque 6-pack supplied in Half Opti cases to retailers (18 multi-packs per case)
- Walkers Crisps Salt & Vinegar 6-pack, Variety 6-pack, Ready Salted 6-pack, Cheese & Onion 6-pack, Prawn Cocktail 6-pack, Smoky Bacon 6-pack supplied in Full Opti cases to retailers (36 multi-packs per case)
- Walkers Crisps Cheese & Onion & Ready Salted 6-pack Transport Ready Display Unit (TRDU)
- Walkers Crisps Cheese & Onion 14-pack, Ready Salted 14-pack, Variety 14-pack
- Walkers Crisps Variety 24-pack supplied to retailers in TRD
- Walkers Crisps Cheese & Onion 26-pack, Variety 26-pack
- Walkers Crisps Variety 26-pack supplied to retailers in TRDUs
Consumers who have any queries can call AVA at 6325 2579.