Chef's note: You can keep it in your fridge and pop it out, ready to eat, when you have guests.
Tomato and Goat Cheese Salad
Ingredients (serves eight)
- 4 Momotaro Tomatoes (Organic tomatoes from Japan)
- Rock Salt Olive Oil - Stroobant favours
- 'Terre Bormano'
- Goat's Cheese
- Rocket leaves
- Peel the tomatoes, slice each in half and place them cut side down, cut each half into four.
- Place half a tomato on a plate and drizzle olive oil on top, followed by a pinch of rock salt.
- Top it off with a piece of goat's cheese and rocket leaves. Serve.
Lamb shank papillotte
- 4 lamb shanks
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 onion
- 6 dried chillies
- 1 tbsp fennel seed
- 1 tbs coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 4 cinnamon stick
- 8 star anise
- 1 carrot peeled
- 1 tbsp chopped mint
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 orange, juice extracted
- Make the lamb paste: in a blender, combine garlic, onion, chillies, fennel seed, coriander seed and cumin seed.
- Pour the paste in a pan and sear for 4 minutes. Add the coconut cream, star anise and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a pan, sear the lamb shanks. Cover a flat surface with 60 cm aluminum foil. Top with lamb. Smear the lamb with the lamb paste, close the papillotte and bake at 180 degree C for 1.5 hours.
- Slice the carrot in thin strips. Combine the mint, cumin and orange juice. Toss the carrot in the dressing and serve on top of the papillote.
Creme caramel tartlet
- 2 eggs
- 200 gm yoghurt
- 20 gm sugar
- 150 gm flour
- 1 egg
- 50 gm olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 100 gm sugar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Combine all the ingredients for the dough and rest for one hour in the chiller.
- Roll to the desired size and set aside.
- Combine yoghurt, eggs and sugar, pour in the tart mould and bake at 180 degree C for 8 minutes.
- In a clean pot, combine sugar and lemon juice. Bring it to golden brown and remove from the stove.
- With a fork, pull long string of sugar and form a ball. Set on top of the tartlet.