5 Malaysians dead in gas leak in China apartment

5 Malaysians dead in gas leak in China apartment
Chin Yoke Weng (circled), president of the Johor Baru Small Traders Association, is among those who died.

PETALING JAYA - Five Malaysians are feared dead due to a gas leak from a water heater in their apartment in Nanning, China.

It is learnt that a sixth Malaysian, a woman, survived the incident and is now in critical condition.

According to a report, a statement from the Johor Baru Small Traders Association said among those who died was the president, Chin Yoke Weng.

The association's secretary, Khoo Beng Chin, was quoted as saying that Chin and the others were in China to look for business opportunities. The identities of the others had yet to be confirmed as they were from other associations.

The Malaysians, all businessmen from Johor, were believed to be asleep when the gas leak occurred.

More about

Purchase this article for republication.

BRANDINSIDER

SPONSORED

Most Read

Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.