The attack, described as the worst in Thai history, rocked the crowded Erawan Shrine at Ratchaprasong Intersection shortly before 7pm on August 17. The blast claimed 20 lives.
Of the people killed, authorities said yesterday they were still unable to identify five. Three were women, and another is a man. The other could not be identified even by sex, as the body is beyond recognition.
In addition to the 20 deaths, the blast also injured more than 100 people.
Public Health Minister Rajata Rajatanavin said yesterday the government would pay for medical treatments of all people injured.
Foreigners of various nationalities are among the victims. "Two Chinese women are still in the intensive care units of the Ratchawithi Hospital," he said.
Institute of Forensic Science chief Pol Maj-General Pornchai Sutheera-kun said the dead included 16 at Police General Hospital, three at Chulalongkorn Hospital, one at the Central Hospital. The bodies have been sent to the institute to determine the cause of death. Five of those killed were identified as Thai, while the rest were foreigners. Pornchai said relatives should bring personal information such as dental records to identify family members.
The number people killed by the bomb at Ratchaprasong intersection rose to 20 with 125 injured, a doctor at Police General Hospital said yesterday.
Pol Maj-General Withoon Nitiwarangkoon, a high-ranking doctor at Police General, said dozens of injured people had been sent there because of its close proximity to the scene.
Some 39 of those admitted had been released from hospital, while four had died before arriving. Six are still being treated, and another 23 were transferred to other hospitals.
Of the six being treated, three are in intensive care units. A bomb fragment hit one victim in the stomach, while the second victim was a 10-year old child also hit by shrapnel in the stomach. The third ICU patient sustained broken legs.
Withoon said the hospital would set up a centre to provide information on the deaths and injured from the bomb attack, with interpreters to give information to relatives. Up to 80 Chinese and English interpreters have volunteered to provide support for the centre, which was adequate at this stage, he said.
The centre would also check the identity of those injured and killed. It will also co-ordinate with other hospitals to help search for any missing people. Seven people who were killed in the bomb attack have yet to be identified.
In critical condition
Erawan Rescue Centre reported that two of six patients at the Police General Hospital were in a critical condition. One was identified as Mr Koto Ando, 31, a Japanese visitor. Hit in the back by several pieces of shrapnel, he arrived at the hospital unconscious after losing a lot of blood.
A 10-year old Chinese girl is also being treated in an emergency ward after a surgery to stop bleeding on Monday night.
Several others also suffered deep wounds with internal organs torn apart. Some had to have part of their intestines removed. Medical personnel have also been trying to save the lives of some victims who suffered disseminated intra-vascular coagulation (DIC).
The Japanese man's condition has become stable, but he has not regained consciousness yet.
Meanwhile, the Department of Consular Affairs will issue urgent visas to relatives of the injured and deaths that want to come to Thailand. People can get additional information from Thai embassies in their countries.
Institute of Forensic Science chief Pol Maj-General Pornchai Sutheerakun said bodies of the deceased had been sent to the institute to determine their cause of death.