20-year-old Xiaoqian who was engulfed in flames at a barbeque restaurant in Yiwu city, Zhejiang province, had undergone her first surgery successfully on Friday, Qianjiang Evening News reported.
Xiao Qian suffered severe injury with 80 per cent of her skin damaged by the burn.
The planned seven or eight-hour surgery that removed dead tissue only took four hours.
Doctors say the blood supply for Xiaoqian is enough because people from all over the country donated blood after hearing the news.
She will go through other surgeries in the next few weeks.
Customer catches fire after waitress pours fuel on grill
September 6, 2014
ZHEJIANG, China - Two customers at a barbecue restaurant in Wenzhou, Zhejiang were badly burnt when a waitress poured liquid alcohol over the grill.
According to Apple Daily, the female customer, Xiao Qian, suffered the most severe injuries. Her companion, Xiao Qing, was also injured by the flames and sustained second degree burns.
The pair, who are students at a university in Wenzhou, were having a meal at the restaurant on Sept 2 when Xiao Qing called on a waitress to add more fuel to the grill on their table.
When the waitress arrived to tend to them, she poured the liquid directly over the grill but did not check if the flames in the grill were completely extinguished, causing large flames to spray out.
Although the waitress and Xiao Qing were able to get away relatively quickly, the big flames completely engulfed Xiao Qian.
Xiao Qing then tried to douse the flames on Xiao Qian with his clothing, but she still sustained heavy burns all over her body.
Guests at other tables came to help extinguish the flames with their clothing, but she still sustained burns all over her body.
Shanghaiist reported that the two customers and the waitress were all rushed to the hospital for treatment after the incident.