Several domestic flights in The Philippines have been cancelled due to bad weather caused by typhoon "Nina" (international name: Nock-Ten).
Nina intensified into a typhoon on Saturday morning and is expected to make landfall over Catanduanes on Sunday, Christmas Day. Twelve areas were placed under Signal No. 1 in the latest advisory of the state weather bureau.
More than 2,300 passengers were stranded in ports in Bicol region. The local government of Camarines Sur also ordered preemptive evacuation of residents living in danger zones.
The following Cebu Pacific flights scheduled on Dec. 25, Sunday, have been cancelled:
- DG6163/6164 Manila-Virac- Manila
- DG6165/6166 Manila- Virac - Manila
- 5J325/326 Manila-Legazpi- Manila
- 5J327/328 Manila-Legazpi- Manila
- DG6193/6194 Manila-Legazpi- Manila
- DG6195/6196 Manila-Legazpi- Manila
- DG6204/6205 Cebu-Legazpi-Cebu
- DG6113/6114 Manila-Naga- Manila
- DG6117/6118 Manila-Naga- Manila
Cebu Pacific said affected passengers may rebook their flight within 30 days from the original departure date or opt for fill refund or travel fund.
Charter airline Air Juan also announced the cancellation of the following flights on Monday, Dec. 26:
- Manila-Puerto Galera
- Puerto Galera-Manila
The airlines said affected guests may rebook their flights, refund airfare without penalties, or travel credits for future flights.