A waitress from a restaurant in Wuhan in China, swallowed a cockroach after a customer complained the insect was in their wantan soup, reported Nanyang Siang Pau.
The customer, surnamed Zhang, had gone to the restaurant with her parents on Monday and ordered a wantan soup along with other dishes.
Zhang's father, who was unhappy with the unapologetic manner of the waitress, said the restaurant should compensate them with 10 bowls.
When the waitress said it was impossible, the angry father then challenged her to eat the cockroach.
After hesitating, the waitress scooped up the cockroach with a spoon and swallowed it. Both parties did not pursue the matter after that.