Gas leak kills 5 Malaysians in China

Gas leak kills 5 Malaysians in China

FIVE Malaysian businessmen were found dead in an apartment in the Chinese city of Nanning on Monday, following a gas leak from a heater.

Among the victims was Chin Yoke Weng, president of the Johor Baru Small Business Association.

It was reported that the businessmen were in China seeking new business opportunities.

The other victims are not from the association, but all are from Johor and travelled to Nanning on Sunday.

A sixth Malaysian, the wife of one of the businessmen, is receiving treatment at a hospital.

Her son said he had received a call from his mother earlier in the day, telling him she was safe.

It is believed that she was saved and the deaths discovered when police came knocking on the apartment door.

A representative from the association is preparing a visa to China so that he can retrieve the body.

Mr Chin's son felt something was amiss when he was unable to contact his father, but found out about the death only on Monday afternoon.

More about

Purchase this article for republication.

BRANDINSIDER

SPONSORED

Most Read

Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.