Girl dies from food poisoning; 159 schoolmates got affected

Girl dies from food poisoning; 159 schoolmates got affected
Thai Students.

A Hmong boarding school student died from food poisoning while 159 other students are recovering in Chiang Rai's Mae Fa Luang district, a state official said yesterday.

The incident took place on Tuesday at Ban Hmong Kao Lang School after the students were given boxes of chicken on oily rice as part of a merit-making ceremony.

Seventeen of the students had to go to hospital. A 12-year-old girl was pronounced dead early on Friday morning.

Mae Fah Luang district chief Worayan Boonnarat said 12 students remained in hospital yesterday - two in a critical condition.

He said he had instructed officials to investigate and find preventative measures to reduce the risk of something like this happening again.

More about

Purchase this article for republication.

BRANDINSIDER

SPONSORED

Most Read

Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.