HA NOI (VNS) - A fire broke out at a wood workshop in Duong Noi Ward's Quyet Tien hamlet in Ha Dong district yesterday, destroying 500sq.m of the workshop.
An explosion occurred at 6.15pm, which shook the area and dozens of people near the workshop, and a blaze rapidly spread to the whole workshop.
The cause of the fire was initially said to be an electrical leak in a charcoal factory.
The fire was uncontrollable at first due to the hot weather and inflammable material stored there.
A witness said he was walking in the street when he saw flames rise suddenly from the workshop, spreading smoke and dust everywhere. Residents tried to extinguish the fire, but could not reach the scene because of the huge blaze.
The local police, firefighters and soldiers of the capital High Command mobilised more than four fire engines and two water tankers of the Urban Environment Company to stamp out the blaze. The fire was brought under control after more than two hours.
All products and equipment of the workshop were destroyed in the fire, but no injuries were reported.
The case is being investigated further.