Indonesia issues travel advice after Bangkok blast

Indonesia issues travel advice after Bangkok blast
PHOTO: AFP

Foreign Ministry issued travel advice on Tuesday afternoon for all Indonesian people wishing to travel to Thailand, following a bomb explosion in its capital city, Bangkok.

"We have issued travel advice so that Indonesian people planning to travel to Thailand remain cautious," Foreign Minister Retno L.P. Marsudi said, as quoted by Antara news agency.

The Indonesian Embassy in Thailand, Retno said, had called on Indonesian citizens in Thailand to remain vigilant when visiting public spaces, which were prone to attacks.

The ministry confirmed that two Indonesians were victims in the bomb attack with one of them being killed.

"One Indonesian died and another one is suffering from serious injuries. They were a couple, traveling to Thailand as tourists," she added.

The ministry identified the deceased victim as Lioe Lie Tjing (61), and the one who is being treated in the hospital as Hermawan Indrajaja (61), who is Lioe's husband.

Retno said that the embassy was still looking for other Indonesians that were victims in the blast.

"Our team is still looking for information on the possibility of more Indonesian victims. We have visited 15 hospitals in Thailand so far," Retno said.

More about

Bangkok blast
Purchase this article for republication.

BRANDED CONTENT

SPONSORED CONTENT

Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.