KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - The remains of the most recent Malaysian MH17 victim to be identified will not be returned to the country as her family have requested for privacy, said Transport Minister Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai.
"The family of the victim wanted the last rites to be handled privately," he said, adding that the authorities were still trying to identify the last Malaysian victim.
It was reported on Friday that the remains of Shaliza Zaini Dewa, 45, had been identified.
Shaliza Zaini, 45, was with her husband, Hans van den Hende, and their children - Australians Piers, 15, Marnix, 12 and Margaux, eight - on board the ill-fated flight on July 17.
They were returning from a holiday in Amsterdam and had intended to spend Hari Raya with their relatives in Kajang, before returning to Melbourne.
Malaysia Airlines (MAS) flight MH17 crashed while enroute to Kuala Lumpur from Amsterdam on July 17, killing all 298 people on board, including 43 Malaysians.
The aircraft is believed to have been shot down over Ukraine, some 50km from the Russian border.