PETALING JAYA - The search and rescue mission continued with Chinese vessels trawling the vast new area in the Indian Ocean.
The search yesterday yielded some results after aircraft continued to report sightings of objects similar to those reported on Friday in the area, 1,100km north of the previous search area off Australian waters.
New analysis of radar and satellite data concluded that MH370 had travelled faster and for a shorter distance.
The Australian Maritime Safety Authority (Amsa) said the Haixun 01 vessel of China and HMAS Success of Australia reported that they had retrieved a number of objects from the ocean but so far none has been confirmed to be related to MH370.
The authority which is coordinating the search mission in the southern Indian Ocean said a Chinese People's Liberation Army Air Force Ilyushin IL-76 aircraft spotted three objects in the area.
"A Royal Australian Air Force P3 Orion also reported sighting multiple objects in a different part of the search area.
"The objects sighted by the aircraft cannot be verified or discounted as being from MH370 until they are relocated and recovered by ships," it said in a statement.
Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott said the teams faced a formidable task.
"We should not underestimate the difficulty of this work; it is an extraordinarily remote location.
"We are trying to find small bits of wreckage in a vast ocean. While we're throwing everything we have at it, the task goes on," he was quoted by AFP as saying.
Amsa said four ships - HMAS Success, Haixun 01, Nanhaijiu and Jinggangshan - were in the new search area and a further five ships should arrive today.
It said a second Australian navy ship, HMAS Toowoomba, had left the port near Perth to join the search in a journey which would take about three days.
Xinhua news agency reported that Jinggangshan was expected to focus on searching for plane surfaces, oil slick and life jackets in an area covering 6,900 sq km.