PETALING JAYA - Taiwan's Defence Minister Yen Ming was quoted by the Central News Agency as saying that its government had a plan in place to rescue kidnapped tourist Chang An Wei.
He had said that Taiwan could not simply send troops to the Philippines.
Earlier, Interior Minister Lee Hong-yuan said any rescue effort should be left to the government and experts.
Taiwan's Apple Daily had earlier reported that a company based in Angeles City, Philippines, had the means to bring Chang home.
Its manager had told the newspaper that as long as Chang's family had detailed information of the abductors, the company was able to get to where Chang was held within six days and begin negotiations.
He added that the cost of the entire rescue operation could start from US$400,000 (RM1.28mil), including the ransom.
Chang's elder brother Richard Chang, who had returned to Taiwan after travelling to Malaysia brushed off the idea, saying, "Not considering it, this is not film-making!"
Richard said he had received many calls claiming to be able to rescue his sister, but needed time to figure out the family's next course of action.
He also said he had not been able to contact the abductors nor pass any medication to her.
On Nov 15, gunmen stormed into a water villa at the Pom Pom Island Resort in Sabah and shot dead Chang's husband Hsu Li Min before abducting her.