Wedding ends in tragedy for parents of the bride

Wedding ends in tragedy for parents of the bride

INDIA - Tragedy struck a family of a just married bride in Coimbatore district, India, reported Tamil Nesan.

Her parents died after inhaling poisonous fumes from a generator set up in a small house they had built for their daughter on her wedding night.

Two others in the house, the bride's younger brother and her 60-year-old grandmother, are fighting for their lives in a hospital.

Police said the family had installed the generator inside the small house as the electricity had yet to be connected there.

The young couple were married on Wednesday.

After the ritual, they were taken to the room in their new house while the bride's family slept outside.

When she woke up in the morning, the bride found her parents dead and her brother and grandmother unconscious.

The family had rented the generator specifically for the occasion.

Purchase this article for republication.

BRANDINSIDER

SPONSORED

Most Read

Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.