SINGAPORE - The Ministry for Trade and Industry (MTI) today announced board appointment changes at the Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB) and the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR).
These appointments will take effect from Feb1 this year.
SINGAPORE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT BOARD
MTI has appointed two new board members and re-appointed four members to the board of EDB.
New board members include:
- Mr Harish Manwani, Chief Operating Officer, Unilever
- Mr Mark A. Nelson, President, International Products, Chevron International Pte. Ltd. Re-appointment of Board Members
- Mr Francois Guibert, Executive Vice President, President, Greater China & South Asia Region, STMicroelectronics
- Mr Lothar Herrmann, Chief Executive Officer ASEAN-Pacific, Siemens Pte. Ltd.
- Mr Vinod Kumar, Managing Director and Group Chief Executive Officer, Tata Communications Ltd.
- Mr Tan Pheng Hock, President and Chief Executive Officer, Singapore Technologies Engineering Ltd.
Two board members will be stepping down upon the completion of their terms on Jan 31. They are:
- Mr Amadou Diallo, Chief Executive Officer, DHL Freight
- Ms Deborah Henretta, Group President, Global Beauty, Skin Care, Cosmetics and Personal Care, Procter & Gamble
AGENCY FOR SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY & RESEARCH
MTI has also appointed 3 new members and re-appointed 14 existing members to the Board of the Agency for Science, Technology & Research.
New Board Members
- Prof Isaac Ben-Israel, Chairman, Israel Space Agency and Chairman, Israel National Council for R&D