You want to work without feeling much pain and to follow your passion.
Plus, you also hope to have a career that suits your personality and skill set. Sounds familiar?
To figure this out, you may have tried taking a personality test and job quizzes.
Not to mention, there are also other kinds of tests and quizzes available, such as a fingerprint test, if you are willing to spend your time and money to find out what career is suitable for you.
Such actions may be more important when you are at the beginning of your career or transitioning into a new one.
Indeed, your personality, passion and other life experiences can make you more suitable for certain professions.
The key is to understand the thing you are most passionate about and are naturally good at doing at the same time.
Here are eight questions that can help shed light on your optimal career path:
1. What was your "dream job" when you were a child?
2. What do you believe you do best?
3. What do others think you do best?
4. What gets you out of bed in the morning?
5. If you do not need money, what would you do in your life?
6. What activity makes you lose track of time?
7. What are you most recognised for in life and at work?
8. What do you want to be remembered for in life?
After you answer these questions, you will be able to pick up some common themes and clues for jobs that suit you.
This article first appeared on recruitment firm TBC HR Consulting's website at www.tbchr.com
Get MyPaper for more stories.