Must know tips to survive the year!
The year started on a negative note with news on restructuring, downsizing and brands pulling out off Singapore. But all is not lost. You can still make merry amidst the gloom.
1. While you should tighten your purse strings, you shouldn't be living of cup noodles. Get the most out of your bucks with buffets. One price to solve the woes of three meals.
2. Have to scrap plans for your Europe tour? Explore Singapore like you've been around the world. A picturesque Xiao Guilin at Bukit Batok, colonial houses at Wessex estate, go back to nature at the animal resort or a little escapade to Coney Island.
3. What's a better way to bust stress than shopping? Shop to your heart's delight online. Search for the best deal with a group of friends and save on the shipping. If you make good use of your credit cards, you can earn rebates too!
4. Health is wealth, so stay healthy. Instead of taking a cab, take a walk. With a large interlinking network of park connectors in Singapore, you can easily get from one place to another. Otherwise, consider cycling or running home after work.
5. Staying on trend doesn't mean the latest fashion. You can flaunt your knowledge and pick up new courses. With the SkillsFuture fund, you can learn something new or refine your skills for free.
6. And if none of these appeals to you, you can always stay home to chill and watch movies, dramas, documentaries, right at the comfort of your home. After all, the wi-fi has been paid for.
Have a trick up your sleeve? Share it with us!