For anyone running a remote team, join leaders such as Buffer's CEO on beautiful Bali for hard-hitting tips on the future of work
BALI, Indonesia, May 22, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Running Remote 2018 is the world's biggest remote work conference. It is being organized by one of Forbes' top 10 co-working spaces on earth and some of their speakers include Buffer CEO Joel Gascoigne, Doist CEO Amir Salihefendi and Atlassian's Director of R&D Dominic Price.
Remote teams are growing at an extremely rapid pace. According to "The 2017 State of Telecommuting in the U.S. Employee Workforce" report, 3.9 million people, or 2.9 percent of the total U.S. workforce, worked from home at least half the time in 2015, a 115 percent increase from 1.8 million back in 2005. A growing number of entrepreneurs and business leaders are looking for ways to improve their remote work operations.
For the first time in the Southern Hemisphere, international experts will host a series of discussions about building, running and scaling remote teams.
"This is the event we've been looking for, but it didn't exist until now. If you are serious about building and scaling your remote team, then join us in Bali this June," said Liam Martin, Time Doctor Co-Founder.
The two-day conference on June 23 and 24, 2018, will be held at the luxury spa resort Fivelements Bali, Ubud, in Indonesia.
Topics covered will include:
- Management styles, processes and technology for managing remote teams
- Latest collaboration tools and techniques
- Processing payments across several countries easily and without paying expensive transfer fees
- Hiring the right people who can perform well in a remote setting
- Promoting teamwork and building trust
- Staying productive, overcoming distractions and maintaining a work-life balance
The speakers for Running Remote are:
- Joel Gascoigne: Co-founder & CEO, Buffer
- Sara Sutton Fell: Founder, Flexjobs
- Amir Salihefendic: Founder, Doist
- Dominic Price: Head Of R&D and Work Futurist, Atlassian
- Lara K Owen: Director, Global Workplace Operations, Github
- Liam Martin: Co-Founder, Time Doctor & Staff.com
- Indrek Pällo: Chief Representative, Enterprise Estonia Singapore, E-Residency
- Dmitriy Zaporozhets: Co-founder, Gitlab
- Justin Cooke: CMO, Empire Flippers
- Sarah Kuehnle: Head Of Product, Dribbble.com
- Andrea Loubier: CEO, Mailbird
- Stuart Jones: Founder, Coworkation
- Eiji Han Shimizu: Mindfulness Coach
- Steve Munroe: CEO, Hubud
- Omar Zenhom: CEO, WebinarNinja
- Trimikha Valentius: Lead Developer, Ogilvy Australia
A number of Australian companies are attending the conference. The event is sponsored by a group of companies whose workforce entirely or substantially consists of remote employees: TransferWise, Transformify, Time Doctor, Empire Flippers, Visuer Interactive, Remote Work Hub, Newswire, WebinarNinja, Intellyo, Kinetic Business Solutions, Balsamiq, Slido, Estonia e-Residency, Crunchbase, Coworkation.
Hubud is a co-working space in Ubud, Bali, Indonesia. It is a collection of members at any one time that are freelancers, tech teams, creatives, video journalists, writers, dreamers and everything in between.
For media and other inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fivelements, Mambal, Abiansemal, Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80352