Boy, 2, dies after being locked in car by mistake

Boy, 2, dies after being locked in car by mistake

A two-year-old boy died of suffocation after he was accidentally locked in the family car and forgotten.

The child, known only as Paras, was rushed to hospital in the Indian city of Panchkula after his family realised what had happened.

Paras was pronounced dead there.

The boy's grandfather was with him and three other grandsons in the car on Saturday afternoon, reported the Times of India.

They had gone to take lunch to the boy's businessman father at a showroom.

Mr Prakash Singh Bains, a relative of the boy, said: "When they came back home, and the other kids were about to leave for tuition, they realised that Paras was not there."

But the family thought the little boy was playing somewhere.

They searched everywhere, but could not find him.

A family member then chanced upon the boy in the car.

"When they opened the car door, they found Paras unconscious," Mr Bains said.

Discovered

The boy was discovered two hours after the family had returned home in the car, which had a central-locking system.

When the family could not find Paras for a while, they informed the police, who also started looking for the missing child.

"By the time the child was taken to the hospital, he was already dead," said a local police spokesman.

The incident has left the family shattered.

This article was first published in The New Paper.

Purchase this article for republication.

BRANDED CONTENT

SPONSORED CONTENT

Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.