PETALING JAYA - 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB) had welcomed confirmation that no 1MDB funds were transferred to Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak's personal account.
"1MDB welcomes the clear statement from the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC), which confirms that no funds from 1MDB were transferred to the Prime Minister," said 1MDB president and executive director Arul Kanda.
He said that the company had always maintain that they never provided any funds to the Prime Minister, and is confident that the "truth will prevail".
"To continue to suggest otherwise, as PKR secretary-general Rafizi Ramli did in his blog yesterday, is highly irresponsible and a deliberate attempt to undermine the company," said Arul in a statement on Tuesday.
He further said that 1MDB had "fully disclosed" what the RM42bil debt had been used for in a summary published on June 3.
Arul said that such information is found in 1MDB's audited and publicly available accounts from March 31, 2010 to March 31, 2014. MACC released a statement on Monday saying that the RM2.6bil that was allegedly deposited into Najib's personal account came from donors and not from 1MDB.