KUALA LUMPUR - Police have yet to record a statement from Sarah Joseph, whose son Freddie was kidnapped in Bangsar last Friday, because she is still traumatised.
City police chief Senior Deputy Comm Datuk Mohmad Salleh said Joseph and Freddie were discharged from University Malaya Medical Centre (UMMC) on Tuesday but police would wait several days before questioning Joseph.
"We are still trying to establish the identities of the suspects and her statement is vital to the investigation.
"But she is still in a traumatised state. We will give her time to recover," he said after attending the KL police contingent's monthly gathering here yesterday.
Police detained Joseph's former Filipina nanny and her 53-year-old boyfriend to assist in the investigations.
They are still under remand.
On a separate matter, SDCP Mohmad said police had submitted investigation papers on the Filipino security guard, who robbed a jewellery store in Setapak last month, to the Deputy Public Prosecutor (DPP).
"His remand has ended and he is expected to be charged soon. We are still looking for his girlfriend whom we believe is still in the country and keeping most of the stolen jewellery," he said.
He also announced that the city saw a 5 per cent drop in crime between January and November, compared with the same period last year.
He commended the Ops Cantas Khas initiative which had resulted in the arrest of 1,650 criminals since Aug 17.
He later presented the Distinguished Service Awards to 715 recipients for their exemplary contribution in crime fighting.