Boy kidnap case papers to be submitted to AG's Chambers

Boy kidnap case papers to be submitted to AG's Chambers
PHOTO: The Star/ANN

SHAH ALAM - Investigation papers on the kidnapping of the five-year-old boy in Kajang will be submitted to the Attorney-General's Chambers soon.

Selangor deputy police chief Deputy Comm Datuk Abdul Rahim Jaafar said police had almost completed their investigation.

He said there were four suspects in custody, including the taxi driver who had brought the victim back to the parents, and that all angles were being looked into.

The papers will be submitted within two days, he said at a press conference yesterday, adding that no more arrests will be made.

DCP Abdul Rahim asked the public to be careful about using social media to spread all sorts of news on a kidnap case because it may put the victim's life at risk.

It is a delicate situation and such news could panic the kidnappers into doing something rash, especially if they think the police are onto them, he said. The four men were detained in connection with the kidnapping of the boy in Kajang on Friday.

They were picked up by police less than 24 hours after the abduction, a video of the victim being snatched off the street had also gone viral on social media that day.

Police recovered most of the RM300,000 (S$99,000) ransom that had been paid to the kidnappers.

The press conference was part of the Road Safety Awareness Cycling Convoy launch at the state police headquarters.

Sixty-five cyclists, including 15 from the Selangor Police Cycling Club, will take part.

The event, which starts today and ends Friday, will see the cyclists travel some 560km in stages from Shah Alam to Desaru in Johor.

More about

Purchase this article for republication.

BRANDED CONTENT

SPONSORED CONTENT

Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.