Burnt food sends diners scurrying out

KOTA KINABALU - Thick smoke from a restaurant here sent diners scurrying for safety.

It turned out to be just some food burning on the pan in the kitchen.

It was only after the owner came out telling them that it was not a fire that they returned to their seats.

A woman who was having supper with her husband at Restoran Islamic at Segama on Thursday night said she was shocked when smoke came out from the kitchen and she immediately ran out.

"Luckily, it was just some burnt food on the pan," said the woman who only wanted to be identified as Suritah.

Fire and Rescue Department public relations officer Mohd Affendy K. Ramin said they re­­ceived a call about five minutes after the incident and sent out a team.

"The restaurant owner told firemen that he had forgotten about the dish he was cooking," he added.

Purchase this article for republication.

BRANDINSIDER

SPONSORED

Most Read

Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.