Cargo had no bearing on loss of MH370

Cargo had no bearing on loss of MH370
A board bearing solidarity messages is seen during a gathering to mark the one-year anniversary of the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, in Kuala Lumpur on March 6, 2015.

DEPUTY Transport Minister Datuk Abdul Aziz Kaprawi has denied an allegation that the cargo contents on Flight MH370 had something to do with the disappearance of the Malaysia Airlines aircraft last year.

He stressed that the interim statement released by the International Civil Aviation Organisation investigation team had found that there was no evidence that the cargo had contributed to the plane's disappearance.

"The 600-page interim statement has clarified the flight's preparation records, communications between the cockpit and air traffic control, flight path based on satellite data, and the crew and cargo," he told Datuk Kamaruddin Jaffar (Tumpat-PAS), who asked if there were other cargo items on board the ill-fated flight yet to be disclosed by the Government.

Beijing-bound Flight MH370 disappeared on March 8 last year with 227 passengers and 12 crew members on board. Efforts to locate the missing plane are continuing.

Earlier, in replying to the original question from Datuk Seri Tiong King Sing (BN-Bintulu) on the handling of high-risk items such as firearms on commercial airliners, Aziz said Malaysian Aiports Bhd adhered to ICAO and Department of Civil Aviation guidelines.

More about

Purchase this article for republication.

BRANDINSIDER

SPONSORED

Most Read

Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.