Colleague found bus captain 'barely alive'

Colleague found bus captain 'barely alive'

GEORGE TOWN - A Rapid Penang bus captain whose lower half of the body was drenched in blood while leaning against a bus steering wheel, looked barely alive, a magistrate's court heard.

S. Sanker, 45, who is also a Rapid Penang bus captain, said he was driving a bus at about 6.30am on Oct 6, last year, when he saw a Rapid Penang bus parked by the roadside in Bukit Relau, Paya Terubong.

"I saw the bus captain wave three times at me," he told the court yesterday.

He identified the injured man as Aisyamudin Yaacob in court.

Sanker said he got down and on entering the parked bus, he saw Aisyamudin on the driver's seat, with the lower half of his body drenched in blood.

"The lights were on, so the place was bright. I asked the captain what had happened.

"He told me a woman stabbed him but he did not describe how she looked like," Sanker said, adding that Aisyamudin was leaning against the steering wheel and there was blood all over the place.

"I helped move him to the back of the bus. He was already semi-conscious at the time.

"I then called the Sungai Nibong bus depot to speak to the supervisor, Sivakumar, and related the incident to him before calling the ambulance," Sanker said.

He was testifying in the trial of Chong Lan Keow, 50, a vegetable delivery woman, charged with intentionally causing hurt to Aisyamudin, 28, with a knife.

She allegedly committed the offence in a Rapid Penang bus in Relau at 6.50am on Oct 6, last year.

The offence under Section 324 of the Penal Code carries a jail term of up to three years or a fine or whipping, or any of the two punishments.

Sanker said he did not lodge a police report but gave his statement to the police.

Hearing before magistrate L. Umma Devi continues on Aug 19.

Purchase this article for republication.



Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.