Cop in 'bullet boy' case to be suspended

Cop in 'bullet boy' case to be suspended

IPOH - The policeman who allegedly shot a 10-year-old boy in Parit will be suspended from duty this week.

Perak police chief Senior Deputy Comm Datuk Acryl Sani Abdullah Sani said the man, in his 50s, would be getting his suspension letter.

"The letter has been issued by the Bukit Aman police contingent headquarters.

"Once the state contingent receives the letter, we will issue it to the policeman," he said here yesterday.

About two weeks ago in Kampung Belanja, Mohd Amar Mohd Azizi was hit by a stray bullet allegedly fired from the policeman's pistol.

Mohd Amar had a successful operation last Sunday to remove the bullet from the back of his throat.

He was discharged from hospital on Thursday.

SDCP Acryl Sani said investigation papers into the case had been submitted to the Deputy Public Prosecutor's office on Friday.

"We will wait for a reply from the DPP's office on whether they are satisfied with the investigations," he said.

"There are several charges that we are looking into to bring against the policeman," he added.

SDCP Acryl Sani also noted that the policeman, who was off duty during the incident, had not followed procedures on handling a firearm.

"He did not hand in the pistol to be kept at the police station while he was away from duty," he said.

SDCP Acryl Sani said the police were also in the process of recording a statement from Mohd Amar.

More about

Purchase this article for republication.

BRANDINSIDER

SPONSORED

Most Read

Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.