Cops investigating 'We will blast Malaysia!' video

Cops investigating 'We will blast Malaysia!' video
A screengrab from the video that allegedly threatens a bomb attack on Malaysia.
PHOTO: YouTube screengrabs

JOHOR BARU - Police are investigating those responsible for uploading a videoclip related to the Bersih demonstration titled "We will blast Malaysia!," said Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar.

The 28-second clip uploaded on YouTube by Anonymous Malaysia on Thursday showed scenes of the recent bomb blasts in Bangkok, insinuating that a similar incident will happen in Malaysia.

"We are looking at threats like this seriously," he said after attending the launch of Masjid Tunku Laksamana Abdul Jalil by Johor Ruler Sultan Ibrahim Ibni Almarhum Sultan Iskandar at the Johor state police headquarters yesterday.

Khalid again maintained that Bersih 4 was an illegal rally despite what some lawyers say.

He said action would be taken under the Peaceful Assembly Act if they still chose to join the rally.

"Anything can happen. One stupid fellow may cause (all the) chaos," he said.

In KUALA LUMPUR, City police chief Comm Datuk Tajuddin Md Isa said the possibility of violence during the Bersih 4 rally had been reduced following the withdrawal of the red-shirt group.

However, police reminded rally-goers not to create trouble.

"Police personnel will be on standby to ensure that no untoward or violent incident occurs during the illegal rally," he said yesterday.

Comm Tajuddin confirmed that the Federal Reserve Unit had been mobilised but insisted that they were for the National Day parade.

More about

Bersih
Purchase this article for republication.

BRANDED CONTENT

SPONSORED CONTENT

Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.