KUALA LUMPUR - Police and special task force personnel have left the 1MDB office at Jalan Sultan Ismail, saying that work for the day has been completed.
A few plainclothes officers, believed to be from the police, were seen leaving Menara IMC at 6.20pm, Wednesday with a CPU and a box believed to contain documents and materials taken from 1Malaysia Development Berhad's (1MDB) office.
When asked by reporters if they had completed investigations, a policeman merely said, "Sudah selesai untuk hari ini (completed for the day)."
1MDB chief executive officer Arul Kanda Kandasamy said the raid and investigation had been carried out in a thorough and professional manner.
"The task force comprising officers from the police and MACC arrived this morning at 9.40am. We have been extending full co-operation to the task force.
"As you know, this matter is under investigation. 1MDB issued a statement earlier on this and accordingly, we have nothing more to add," he told reporters.
When asked if more raids would be conducted, he said, "I think that is a matter for the authorities to decide. As of today, it has been completed but like I said, it is a matter for them to decide."
The raid on the government investment arm's office began before 10am on Wednesday.
Police cordoned off the eighth floor of the building where 1MDB is located.
On July 3, the Wall Street Journal published a report alleging that US$700mil (S$947mil) had been transferred into the personal accounts of Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak.