Cops record statements of 21 in connection with Bukit Bintang grenade attack

Cops record statements of 21 in connection with Bukit Bintang grenade attack
Police work at the scene of the grenade attack outside a shopping centre at Bukit Bintang in Kuala Lumpur.

PETALING JAYA - The police have recorded statements of 21 people in connection with the grenade attack in Bukit Bintang.

City police chief Senior Deputy Comm Datuk Tajuddin Md Isa said no arrests have been made so far.

"We are following all leads available," he said when met Wednesday.

It is learnt that police have lifted images of two men from CCTV footage in the area who could possible aid the investigation.

Dang Wangi OCPD Asst Comm Zainol Samah said it was too early to tell if the two men in the video were the bombers.

"At this moment, they are persons of interest and we are trying to identify them," he said.

The blast at about 4.25am on Oct 9, which has been linked to a turf war between rival gangs, ripped through the front of the Cherry Blossom Club in Jalan Bukit Bintang, killing 36-year-old car jockey Tiong Kwang Yie and injuring 12 others.

A Toyota Alphard, Toyota Camry, Mazda and BMW were damaged in the blast.

The injured, aged between 31 and 56 years old, included a Thai man, a Singaporean male, and four women Chinese nationals.

The 12 injured were sent to the Kuala Lumpur Hospital and have all been discharged except for one, said SDCP Tajuddin.

More about

Purchase this article for republication.

BRANDINSIDER

SPONSORED

Most Read

Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.