PETALING JAYA- The family of the eight-year-old girl who was flung "like a rag doll" from a spinning ride at a carnival in Adelaide is making preparations to bring her remains back to Malaysia just as a second attraction at the event was shut down for alleged breach of safety.
Honorary-Consul of Malaysia in South Australia Datuk Hassan Salleh said the victim's family had requested for privacy to grieve.
"The media here reported she was visiting relatives with her family when the tragedy struck.
"The matter is now in the hands of the police and an investigation by the coroner," he told The Star when contacted yesterday.
Hassan will be extending assistance and support to the girl's family should they require it.
The young victim was reportedly thrown from the AirMaxx 360 ride at the Royal Adelaide Show on Friday afternoon, a scene witnesses said was like that from a horror movie.
One press report said the child went flying about 10m to 15m in the air.
Yesterday, the show organisers said a second ride had been closed as the authorities investigate a photo allegedly showing a child on the ride who did not meet the required height specifications.