GEORGE TOWN - A prominent billboard advertisement featuring China businessman Zhang Jian put up near the Penang Bridge toll plaza on the mainland has been taken down following a police report.
Seberang Prai Municipal Council member Michael Tan said the billboard owner removed the advertisement on Thursday.
"The council received a complaint from the public who made a police report on the content of the billboard.
"We served a notice to the billboard owner on June 18 to take it down within 44 days from the date the notice was served. So far, the council has yet to decide if the owner will be blacklisted," he said.
The billboard stated "Bakal orang terkaya di dunia - En Zhang Jian (The future richest person in the world - Mr Zhang Jian)" and had two website addresses.