BENTONG - Transport Minister Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai will meet Australian leaders soon to sign a memorandum of understanding on the two countries' collaboration in their search for missing Flight MH370.
Liow also gave his commitment that the search for MH370 would continue despite the recent tragedy of MH17, which was believed to have been shot down by missile over eastern Ukraine.
The search was ongoing despite the Government working on identifying the bodies of Malaysians killed in the MH17 incident, he said.
"We are working closely together with Australia and China in the search.
"I will be signing an MoU in Australia soon and we will be working together as they have announced a tender and we want to support the Australian government," he said after launching a new Bentong MCA building on Jalan Dato Poo Yew Choy here yesterday.
The Australian government, said Liow, had announced that it tendered out a section of the work to a specialised team to look for the plane.
It was reported on Wednesday that the search tender had been awarded to Dutch company Fugro.
"I will give my commitment to continue searching for MH370," said Liow, who is also MCA president.
Yesterday marked the fifth month since MH370 went missing on March 8 while flying from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing and the flight was thought to have ended somewhere in the south Indian Ocean based on satellite data provided by Inmarsat.
The Australian Transport Safety Board head, Martin Dolan, said it was still mapping the broader area in which authorities hoped to find the plane.
At one time, a multi-national team, including United States, New Zealand, Japan and South Korea, were looking for the plane, which went missing with 227 passengers and 12 crew members on board.