New safety protocols may be put in place for future climbers of Mount Kinabalu, a Malaysian minister has said, even as Singaporeans continued to mourn the lives lost in the Sabah earthquake last week.
Malaysia will study the impact of seismic movements in the area before setting new rules which may include an age limit for climbers, said its Minister of Youth and Sports Khairy Jamaluddin.
He was among a steady stream of visitors who left messages of condolence and bouquets of flowers at a tribute site in Tanjong Katong Primary School yesterday. The grief was still raw as many wept and exchanged hugs.
This article was first published on June 10, 2015.
Get a copy of The Straits Times or go to straitstimes.com for more stories.