Man tries to save grandma but also gets electrocuted

Man tries to save grandma but also gets electrocuted

KOTA KINABALU - A man was killed trying to save his 70-year-old grandmother who is believed to have been electrocuted when she touched some barbed wires.

Sundang Alip and Awang Mohd Rajib Abd Nazim, 25, were found lying in a muddy drain holding hands in Kg Tawadakan in Kota Belud.

A villager said the two could have been heading to a padi field when Sundang slipped at about 10.30am yesterday.

State Fire and Rescue Department public relations officer Mohd Affendy K. Ramin said initial investigations showed that one of the victims slipped and fell into the drain before being electrocuted after touching the wires.

"We believe Awang was trying to save his grandmother, but was also killed," he said.

Mohd Affendy said a post mortem was being carried out at the Kota Belud Hospital.

Sabah Electricity Sdn Bhd have started their investigations into the incident especially on why the fence was electrified.

An official said the power supply to the fence has been shut down for safety purposes following the fatal incident.

More about

Purchase this article for republication.

BRANDINSIDER

SPONSORED

Most Read

Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.