KUALA LUMPUR: The high-level team set up by the Government will address the questions that have emerged from the family members of passengers on the crashed MH370, said Malaysia Airlines chief executive officer, Ahmad Jauhari Yahya.
Responding to questions at the daily MH370 press conference at the Putra World Trade Centre here on Tuesday, Ahmad Jauhari said the team would explain in detail to the family members why the search for debris had been narrowed within the southern corridor.
The team, led by RMAF's Air Operations Commander Leftenant General Datuk Seri Ackbal Haji Abdul Samad, has been giving briefings and updates to the next-of-kin on the situation, and search and rescue plans in Beijing.
The team includes representatives from the Prime Minister's office, the Foreign Affairs Ministry, the Royal Malaysian Air Force, the Civil Aviation Department and Malaysian Airlines.
"As far as the family members in Lido Hotel in Beijing are concerned, one of the things they want to know is more detail, and everybody is speculating we are holding back. With the high-level team going there, I hope we can explain to them why the actions are focused on the southern corridor," said Ahmad Jauhari.
On Monday night, Beijing's Lido Hotel was a scene of anguish, pain and loss as family members of the 153 Chinese citizens on board the Boeing 777 reacted to the announcement by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak.
This has been followed by a demonstration on Tuesday morning in front of the Malaysian Embassy in Beijing.
Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak announced on Monday night that based on new analysis by satellite company Inmarsat and the UK Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB) on the satellite data provided, it was concluded that MH370 flew along the southern corridor to its last position in the middle of the Indian Ocean west of Perth.
The Beijing-bound MH370 disappeared after taking off from the Kuala Lumpur International Airport on March 8. It carried 239 passengers and crew.