SEPANG - Overnight verification is needed to corroborate the credible leads from Australian authorities, said Acting Transport Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein.
The deployment of assets will take time, he said at a press conference at the Sama-Sama Hotel here Thursday.
Though he had said on Wednesday that the search area would be reduced, the emergence of credible leads from the Australian authorities will intensify search efforts in the relevant area.
"Until we are certain we have located the missing MH370, search and rescue (SAR) operations will continue in both corridors," he said, adding that Malaysia will send two aircraft to Kazakhstan and the UK will send one ship to the southern corridor.
Hishammuddin also stressed that while the Australian satellite sightings are credible, they must be confirmed.
Asked if the satellite sightings were the best leads so far, he said all leads are considered of equal importance.
"Any leads we receive must be corroborated and verified. If found false, they will not only jeopardise operations and the search, but it will give false hope to the families," said Hishammuddin.
"Families around the world, the information they want most is information we just don't have: the location of MH370. Our focus is finding the aircraft," he added.