The Hari Raya Haji festive cheer turned into tragedy for a family in Kedah, Malaysia.
Their two-year-old son drowned in their bathroom's water container, The New Straits Times reported.
Mohammad Aidil Qhusairi Mohammad Nazri was already unconscious when his uncle found him in the container about 1.15pm on Tuesday. During the incident, the family was having their meal at home.
The toddler's mother, Madam Siti Zauyah Zakaria, 28, said the youngest child of three was playing with his siblings before the incident.
She said at the Hospital Sultan Abdul Halim: "He had gone to the toilet alone when I went to the kitchen.
"When I returned to the living room, I was shocked that he was missing. I rushed into the bathroom but did not find him there."
Madam Zauyah then searched for Aidil outside the house.
"Minutes later, I heard screaming from the house and saw my brother-in-law rushing out of the toilet with Aidil in his arms," she said.
Madam Zauyah performed a cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on Aidil before taking him to a government clinic.
But only a nurse was at the clinic at the time, she said.
They then took the boy to a private clinic. The doctor there told them to rush Aidil to hospital as he was in a critical condition.
"He was pronounced dead upon arrival at the hospital," said Madam Zauyah, who accepted the loss although she was devastated by the incident.
Get The New Paper for more stories.