SEMENYIH - Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak has referred The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) article alleging that RM2.6bil (S$924 million)was transferred into his personal bank accounts to his lawyers.
He said he would decide in the coming days on the next course of action regarding the malicious accusations.
He said his lawyers were looking at "the wild accusations against me, that I had allegedly swindled or stolen USD700mil (S$942 million) of 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB) funds and had transferred the said money into my personal accounts."
"They will advise me on the next course of action that I may take within the country and internationally," he said at a press conference.
"I will make a decision on the next course of action regarding the malicious accusations in a few days," he said before a buka puasa event in Masjid Bandar Rinching, Semenyih.
According to sources, the suit will be filed in Kuala Lumpur early next week.
WSJ and Sarawak Report published an article on Friday quoting an "unnamed investigator", claiming that almost US$700mil of 1MDB funds went into Najib's personal accounts.
The Prime Minister's Office responded by saying that the articles were "political sabotage" while the 1MDB insisted that no funds had been transferred to Najib's accounts.
Najib has also refuted the claims, maintaining that the allegations are a political ploy engineered by his opponents in an attempt to topple him, among them former premier Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad.
The New York-based publication however insisted that their investigation was based on solid documentation.