Only three next-of-kin of the MH370 flight tragedy victims are ready to come forward for a negotiation on full compensation payments with Malaysia Airlines (MAS).
The next-of-kin had been notified on Jan 29 that MAS was prepared for discussion on the compensation, said Transport Minister Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai.
He reiterated the ministry was prepared to assist family members of the passengers and crew of MH370 in obtaining the necessary documents.
The documents included the court order on the presumption of death; the death certificate from the National Registration Department, claiming of insurance, and withdrawal of savings from financial institutions.
Liow said this in a written reply to Datuk Shamsul Anuar Nasarah (BN-Lenggong).
The minister also said that the restructuring of MAS was going well.
Among the measures included the payment of RM1.38bil (S$ 517.5 million) to shareholders through selective capital reduction and repayment (SCR); the movement of staffs from Subang to the facilities support building at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport in May, starting of operations of the Coporate Development Centre this April, and the enforcement of the MAS Act 2015 on Feb 20.