Saiful withdraws $18m defamation suit against Anwar

Saiful withdraws $18m defamation suit against Anwar
Mohd Saiful Bukhari Azlan

KUALA LUMPUR - Former political aide Mohd Saiful Bukhari Azlan has withdrawn his RM50mil (S$18 million) defamation suit against his former employer Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim.

High Court Judicial Commissioner Azizul Azmi Adnan made the ruling Monday after Saiful's counsel Zamri Idrus informed him in chambers of his client's intentions.

When contacted counsel Latheefa Koya who acted for Anwar, said Monday had been fixed for case management.

Latheefa said that when the court resumed in chambers, Zamri told the court that his client had withdrawn his suit against Anwar.

"There is no reason given on the withdrawal," she said.

In the RM50mil suit, Mohd Saiful claimed that Anwar had ruined his good name and reputation by alleging that he meant to slander the politician by filing a police report over the sodomy incident.

The former aide claimed that he had endured pain and suffering since 2008 as he was accused of defaming the PKR leader.

He added that the High Court had found him to be a credible witness and that that finding was not disturbed by the Federal Court.

More about

Defamation
Purchase this article for republication.

BRANDINSIDER

SPONSORED

Most Read

Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.