Despite being bitten by a snake, a man managed to bring the reptile to the hospital as he wanted to ascertain the species.
Makkal Osai reported that the staff and patients of Rajaji Hospital in Madurai were shocked when Nallamani, 30, brought the six-foot python with him.
They were taken aback to see the snake being taken out of a sack.
Nallamani was bitten by the python twice while he was on his way home on his motorcycle. He had earlier stopped his machine when he noticed the snake lying on the road.
As he approached to take a closer look at the reptile, it suddenly attacked and bit his left hand.
While he tried to get hold of it, he was bitten again.
Undeterred by the bites, Nallamani caught the snake and called his friends for help. They came and put the snake inside a gunny sack.
The snake was later handed over to the forestry officials who were called to the hospital.