Social media users following the 1Malaysia Development Bhd (1MDB) news have been deceived by certain parties, said Datuk Abdul Rahman Dahlan.
The Urban Wellbeing, Housing and Local Government Minister took to Twitter to comment on the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) statement earlier that the RM2.6bil (S$934 million) allegedly deposited into the personal account of the Prime Minister came from donors and not from 1MDB.
"MACC confirms RM2.6B is from donors. Sadly many on Twitter were hoodwinked by WSJ, Swk Report and oppo who said PM stole from 1MDB & rakyat," he said via his @mpkotabelud account on Monday night.
According to the MACC, during the formation of the special task force, its investigations only focused on issues related to 1MDB's former subsidiary SRC International and the channelling of RM2.6bil into Najib's personal account.
The MACC is still continuing its investigations into SRC International involving RM4bil.