KUALA LUMPUR: Two sons of an MH370 flight passenger have withdrawn their suit against Malaysia Airlines (MAS) and four others over the plane's disappearance last year after an out of court settlement.
Federal Counsel Saiful Nizam Shahrin said High Court judge Justice Rosnaini Saub recorded the withdrawal in chambers.
Datuk Dr Arunan Selvaraj, the plaintiffs' lead counsel said the matter was settled out of court but did not reveal the amount of compensation and terms and conditions.
The plaintiffs, aged 14 and 12, had on Oct 31 last year sued MAS, Department of Civil Aviation (DCA) director-general, Immigration director-general, Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF) chief and the Government.
Their mother, Ng Pearl Ming, 38, named the parties as defendants on behalf of her sons.
In their statement of claim, the siblings said their father, Jee Jing Hang, 41, on board the flight bound for Beijing, entered into an agreement with MAS for safe passage when he purchased the tickets.
They claimed that MAS had breached the agreement made with their father when the plane failed to land safely in Beijing on March 8 last year.