Spilt bowl of hot kuey teow stirs up a ruckus at restaurant

Spilt bowl of hot kuey teow stirs up a ruckus at restaurant

MALACCA, Malaysia - A spilt bowl of hot kuey teow caused a ruckus at a restaurant in Malim Jaya here after it scalded the private part of a factory manager.

The 29-year-old man was dining with two business associates at about 5.14pm on Tuesday when their table suddenly collapsed and the noodle splattered onto his groin.

He screamed in pain and shouted at a waiter, who was aplogising profusely to him and trying to calm him down.

Railing at the waiter, he pointed to his private part which he said was aching badly. He called the restaurant manager and demanded compensation.

The man and his friends then began kicking some unoccupied tables and chairs, according to National 1Malaysia Crime Prevention Association deputy chairman R.A Saravana Theerta, who was having his teh tarik there.

Police said that the factory manager lodged a report at the Malim station at about 7pm the same day.

About two hours later, the 30-year-old restaurant manager lodged a report at the same station.

He claimed that the CCTV footage at the restaurant showed the factory manager "flashing" his injured private part to a waiter.

More about

Purchase this article for republication.

BRANDINSIDER

SPONSORED

Most Read

Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.