Student fears going to school after beating by teenagers

Student fears going to school after beating by teenagers
Posed photo of two men fighting.

KLANG - A 13-year-old boy is now afraid to go to school after he was dragged and beaten up by a group of teenagers on two occasions outside his school.

Ng Wei Jian said he sustained injuries to his left hand, the back of his head and legs and that he still felt pain on his arm, shoulder and head following the assaults on Wednesday and Thursday.

The Remove Class student said one of the boys approached him in March and told him to join his gang for protection.

"I was outside, near the school gate when he came and told me to join him and pay him RM36 each month and his gang will protect me.

"I said I did not want to and ignored him," said the boy during a press conference organised by the Klang MCA Youth Public Complaints and Services deputy chief Tan Bok Koon here yesterday.

He said the bully told him "we will see what will happen to you later".

On Wednesday, Wei Jian, who was waiting for his relative to pick him up outside his school at 6.30pm, was approached by the same boy and some 10 others before he was dragged across the road.

"They then started punching and pushing me until I fell into a drain before fleeing," he said, adding that the boys came the next day at 12.30pm before school started and attacked him again.

Wei Jian's father, Kim Leong, 42, said the beating only stopped when the boys saw a police officer walking in the area.

The officer helped Wei Jian and escorted him to the school entrance, where he attended classes as usual.

"I have planned to take him to lodge a police report on Thursday after finishing my work," said Kim Leong.

"But I didn't expect him to be beaten up again on that day," added the construction worker.

South Klang OCPD ACP Kamarul Zaman Mamat said two teenage boys, aged 13 and 15, were arrested Friday night to assist in investigations.

"We have identified the boys, who are dropouts, and are hunting them down," he said, adding that the suspects were released from remand yesterday and the case was being investigated under Section 384 of the Penal Code for extortion.

More about

Purchase this article for republication.



Your daily good stuff - AsiaOne stories delivered straight to your inbox
By signing up, you agree to our Privacy policy and Terms and Conditions.