BALIK PULAU: An eight-month-old baby is still in pain after being allegedly scalded by three hot milk bottles at a nursery almost two weeks ago.
His mother Marsyitah Daud, 33, is worried that her son could be permanently scarred on the right side of the face.
The clerk said her son had burn marks on the face, left hand and left knee after he allegedly tugged at a table mat, causing the milk bottles to fall on him in the Oct 6 incident.
"I was shocked when I saw the injuries. He was in pain and crying non-stop.
"We rushed him to Balik Pulau Hospital before he was transferred to Penang Hospital.
"It is not so bad now compared to that day when his right eye was swollen.
"My son has been discharged from the hospital but we need to take him for a check-up on Monday," she said at her house in Sungai Nipah here yesterday.
Marsyitah, whose husband has lodged a police report, said she was upset with the owner of the nursery.
"She could have helped us with the medical bill," she said.
The nursery owner, however, said she had wanted to compensate the boy's family.
"We wanted to pay for the medical bill but until now, we have not received it," she said.
Recounting the incident, she said she had gone outside to collect towels because it was raining then.
"The children were all asleep.
"Seconds later, I heard a cry from the boy, who had crawled to the table and pulled the mat," she claimed.
Balik Pulau deputy OCPD Deputy Supt Siti Nor Salawati Saad said police were still investigating the case.